We love to hear from you if you are
- Interested in working with a fast-growing proptech industry?
- Are you passionate about using your analytical skills to oversee the financial management of a fast-growing proptech startup?
- Looking for a chance to work with the mobile app ranked #1 as the most popular financial app among Canadian millennials on the app Annie’s state of mobile 2022 report!
- Keen to join a team of strong leaders who have built a strong company culture while scaling unprecedented heights in the industry?
- And interested in a chance to work in a remote-first collaborative environment?
We are currently looking for an experienced and seasoned brokerage financial expert to join our leadership team as the Senior Director of Finance and Administration
- Oversee the day to day financial management of the company
- Manage the risk and investment strategies
- Monitor and track the financial health of the company
- Responsible for periodical financial reports
- Partner closely with the CEO and leadership team members to manage the financial operations.
- Build and lead the Finance and deal administration team on a national basis
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented across the company
- Oversea Financial Accounting activities, including
- Control & audit
- Expense approval
- Business activity control
- Oversee bookkeeping activities, including
- Account Receivable
- Account Payable
- Payroll on a biweekly basis
- Bank reconciliation statements and ensure adjustment of outstanding items on a monthly basis.
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card statements.
- Review accounting and bookkeeping process and indicate potential areas for improvements
- Tax reporting, including CRA remittances and filings (HST and Payroll)
- Control & audit
- Responsible for managerial accounting activities
- monthly management report reviewing
- The health of the company
- Identify business problems & opportunities
- Preparing status reports for the Leadership of KPIs.
- Forecasting & Budgeting, including annual budgets and forecasts
- Cash flow management
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit working papers and liaise with external auditors
- monthly management report reviewing
- Support Leadership by Raising funds
- Cash Flow planning
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance to make recommendations on profit enhancement.
- Deal Administration management
- Gathering due diligence information and managing the deal administrators nationally
- Cheque management
- Coordination with the Banking team as required
- Collaborate with Brokerage operations teams to ensure all deals and commission payments are made promptly.
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends, best practices, latest provincial real estate accounting legislation and taxation requirements.
- Data-driven: You leverage accounting metrics and financial data to measure impact and improve
- Project Ownership: You have the urge to take ownership of the project and drive the team to take it across the finishing line
- Passionate: A passion for finding innovative ways to grow and improve our financial processes and bottom line
- Curious: You take the time to dig deep to analyze and understand the story behind the figures
- Innovative problem-solver: always ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle a challenge
- Results-focused: Able to focus on results and set an example for your team to aim for better continuously. You set a substantial bar for yourself and your team members.
What we are looking for
- 8+ years of relevant Finance experience in the real estate brokerage industry
- Extensive experience in Finance, bookkeeping, payroll, taxation and financial reporting.
- Hands-on experience with Lone wolf and or Broker Wolf and experience with other real estate deal processing software are bonuses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Experience with preparing commission cheques to close out transactions, EFT commission payments to agents and Coop Brokerages, issuance of landlord checks, and the ability to manage commission invoices to lawyers and co-operating brokerages.
- Knowledge of both federal and provincial tax legislation
- Must be highly organized with an attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Experience with residential real estate accounting is required.
- Must have experience using adobe reader/writer and google suite.
- Knowledge of relevant real estate regulations such as RECO, REBBA and requirements of FINTRAC ID policies
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Experience working in brokerages is an asset.
- Experience working in a remote environment is a bonus.
- A strong interest in taking ownership and being a part of a fast-growing team.
At HouseSigma, a leading technology platform, we utilize artificial intelligence technology to provide real-time home value estimates for all available listings in the Ontario and British Columbia markets. Homebuyers can obtain an accurate automated home valuation for every listing within seconds with one click. The HouseSigma algorithm also correctly identifies similar nearby sold properties to help buyers determine their final offer price! At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value integrity, collaboration, customers, and community. Learn more about us at https://housesigma.com
We are a remote-first company with all interviews completed remotely.
Anywhere in Canada is preferred for this position.
Apply for this job
Submit your information using the form below and someone help get in touch with you shortly.